Some figure of speech indicating contradiction

Dear I,
     Once upon a time a very young man told me " Stop. Stop judging others. "
I was adamant to mould myself to this ideology. I may not always succeed but I do reach out later to those people I previously judged. Atleast tried to.
Now i see him and all I see is what i imagined about him. He is nice but has a modern disease called Chandler-ism. To overcome the insurmountable barrier of first contact with new persons people use humour and sarcasm to fuse relationships and then go running around seeking genuine and humane relationships. This would be okay except this never stops and like the bitch called tobacco you are forever hooked.
Shed a tear for them and move on. 
                                                                                        Love,
                                                                                            R