The Theory of Many Selves


As he stood in the midst of the mild sunlight with the crowd streaming around him or him around them, he made the jump into the deeper recesses of his self. As he traversed into himself he caught hold of him, the five year old boy who tormented him in his mind. He entered his uncontrolled floating thoughts and devoured his satisfaction his sanity his … my rationality. I’m confused where he ends and I begin but of this much I am sure, that boy is not me estranged by whatsoever it maybe. He flies down to him... me.
The landscape is beautiful. It is the green of faded memory. There is moist blue and above all else the blazing sun in a clear sky-blue sky. The earth is brown but compact and has a gravelly texture.
I am in love.

 This much I know I … we all love ourselves beyond all else. As he stepped on the earth barefooted the muted thud travelled through my ear and by the synapses that connect body to mind entered my brain igniting a storm. The tears sprang down my … his cheeks. I made for him and gently clasped his hand in mine. Truly I hate this the pain that we cause to our self t'is most unbearable as it is enduring.

I am sorry said I to I.

I … he smiled. After all these years I have finally forgiven myself.